3-2-2-4Hiroshima Restoration Exposition
The Hiroshima Restoration Exposition was held in 1958 to celebrate Hiroshima’s recovery beyond its maximum pre-war population. The exposition was held from April 1 to May 20 in many venues, including Peace Memorial Park, Peace Boulevard, and Hiroshima Castle. Thirty pavilions were constructed, and Hiroshima Castle, which was lost to the bombing, was restored. The exposition drew 900,000 visitors.