Hours and Admission
August 8:30-19:00 (Open until 20:00 on August 5 and 6)
*Last entry to the museum is 30 minutes before closing time.
December 30 and 31
*Please note that the Library is closed from December 29 through January 1.
(College students and up)
30 or more ¥160
|High school students||¥100||20 or more free|
|Junior high school students
*Visitors 65 years and older can enter the museum for 100 yen by showing their passport.
●The Museum does not have a reservation system. We do not take reservations.
•There is no public parking in the Peace Memorial Park. Please use the paid parking facilities nearby.
● Please do not touch the exhibits or display cases (except the Hands-on Exhibits).
● Please keep quiet so as not to disturb other visitors.
● Large bags are not allowed into the Museum. (Coin lockers are available on the 1st floor of the East Building. To view the floor map, click here.)
● When using writing utensils, please be careful not to deface the artifacts.
● Video and photography without flash is allowed for personal purposes (no application is required.) . However, tripods and selfie sticks are not allowed in the museum.
● Please be especially careful not to disturb other visitors with the shutter sounds of your camera including cell-phones.
● Photography with flash and/or for the purpose of publication requires an application in advance. For more information, click here.
● Please refrain from talking on a cell phone in any part of the exhibition rooms.
● Eating and drinking are allowed only in the designated areas.
Visitors may consume food and drink in the Visitor’s Lounge on the 1st floor of the East Building. To view the floor map, click here.
● Smoking is not permitted in any part of the Museum.
The designated smoking area is located outside on the south side of the East Building (facing Heiwa Ōdōri Street).
● Please refrain from disturbing other visitors in the exhibition rooms.
● No dangerous objects may be brought into the Museum.
● Pets are not allowed in the Museum (except for guide, service, and hearing dogs).
● Please comply with any instructions given by the Museum staff.